Meet Dr. Garazo
About Our Surgeon – Henry F. Garazo, MD, FACS
Our Maryland Plastic Surgeon’s Biography
- Dr. Garazo is a native of Hagerstown, Maryland. He returned in 1997 to become partners with Dr. Michael Hall at Plastic Surgery Services. The practice was founded in 1961 by Dr. John Clark.
- He was an Honors Graduate at North Hagerstown High School.
- He was presented with a Maryland Distinguished Scholar Award (for graduating in the top 5% of the State of Maryland).
- Dr. Garazo earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Mount Saint Mary’s College, Emmitsburg, Maryland (on full academic scholarship).
- He earned his M.D. degree from Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- He completed his General Surgery Residency at State University of New York (SUNY), Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York.
- Dr. Garazo completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at Medical College of Georgia, Hospital and Clinics, Augusta, Georgia.
- He was trained by the Chairman of the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- He was Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (abplsurg.org).
- He is a Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery.org).
- Dr. Garazo is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) (facs.org).
- He was honored by being selected as one of “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” for four consecutive years, 2009-2012 (see below for details).
- He was the Chief of Plastic Surgery at Washington County Hospital in 2000-2003.
- He is on the Consulting Staff at Chambersburg Hospital.
- He is also on the Consulting Staff at Waynesboro Hospital.
- Dr. Garazo is a Member of John Staige Davis Society of the Plastic Surgeons of Maryland (johnstaigedavissociety.org).
- He is a Medical Advisor for Cumberland Valley Breast Cancer Awareness (www.bcacv.org).
- He has been listed in Vogue, Glamour, Allure, and Self magazines as one of the “Outstanding Plastic Surgeons in Maryland.”
Henry F. Garazo, MD, FACS
Named “America’s Top Surgeons” in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Plastic Surgery Services is pleased to announce that board certified plastic surgeon Dr Garazo has been honored as one of “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” for five consecutive years. He was among a select few to have earned this prestigious recognition by the Consumer Research Council of America and is named in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 editions of the “Guide to America’s Top Surgeons.”
The selection process is based on a point value system that awards points for education, years in practice, and affiliations with professional associations.
Consumers’ Research Council of America is an independent research company based in Washington, DC. It evaluates professional services throughout America. The publication “Guide to America’s Top Surgeons” is available via e-book to consumers and corporate human resource departments.