Post-Surgery Wet-to-Dry Dressings
The Hagerstown cosmetic surgery center, Plastic Surgery Services, wants you to be prepared for your post-surgery needs before your surgery. Please read and stock up on the supplies listed below prior to your surgery. If you have any questions please ask our knowledgeable staff.
Our recommended SUPPLIES
All these items are available at your local pharmacy:
- Saline solution (or contact solution)
- Gauze (either 2×2 or 4×4)
To best prepare and use wet-to-dry dressings, follow these instructions:
- Open the gauze fully.
- Wet the gauze with the saline or contact solution.
- Squeeze the gauze until it is almost dry.
- Pack the gauze ONLY into the open area of the wound.
- Cover the wound with dry gauze.
- Use the tape to secure the gauze over the wound.
- Repeat this process three (3) times a day.
If the gauze gets stuck on the wound, gently pull it off to remove it. It may bleed slightly. PLEASE DO NOT WET THE GAUZE TO REMOVE IT UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! Wetting the gauze to try to remove it more easily will actually prolong the healing process.
- For more information, please read the description about skin care from BioMedic, which you can find at the biomedic.com home page.
Maryland plastic surgeon Dr. Garazo and Maryland Plastic Surgery Services feel it is important that all plastic surgery patients, future or current, be able to access a non-biased opinion about the skin care procedures we offer. By visiting biomedic.com, you can access a wealth of information about aesthetic correction procedures, such as cosmetic injections, skin peels, and microdermabrasion. Skin care experts answer frequently asked questions, and you can post your own question to be answered by an expert. Learn about skin care products that will prolong the effects of your Maryland cosmetic surgery.