Valentine’s Day will be here before you know it, and now is the perfect time to make sure you have your tables reserved and romantic spots picked out. Luckily, there are plenty of romantic things to do in Hagerstown, whether you’re looking for great restaurants, sweet treats, or a few places to pamper yourself.
Here are some of our favorites:
1. Give a token of appreciation
Start your day off right by making your partner feel truly appreciated. Start by waking them with a homemade breakfast in bed—or, if you aren’t a natural chef, order takeout from Rooster Moon Coffee House. If you’re hoping to present your loved one with a gift, consider stopping by Carson Jewelers to pick out the perfect gift for your special someone.
2. Plan for some pampering
You two deserve an hour of complete relaxation and pampering! We suggest heading to Sagittarius Salon & Spa for a couples massage. Your masseuse will start with a full body exfoliation, followed by a renewing Swiss Rain Shower rinse, and finish a relaxing massage with organic oils.
If you want pampering that will also boost your looks, we offer a number of skincare treatments that will help you and your date feel rejuvenated and glowing.
3. Do a little wining & dining
After all that pampering, you’ll be hungry! Hagerstown has plenty of places to enjoy a full-bodied glass of wine and mouth-watering meal.
- For those of you who enjoy a fine glass of wine made locally, head to Big Cork Vineyards for a tasting of their award-winning flavors. If they’re booked up or you want to check out your other options, try Red Heifer Winery and Knob Hall Winery.
- If you’re looking for something unique, head to Schmankerl Stube for authentic Bavarian fare.
- For more American fare, 28 South is a must-eat and offers everything from hand-crafted pizza to fresh-caught seafood.
4. Treat yourself to something sweet
Valentine’s Day is all about indulgence, so make sure to save room for dessert! Give your date something to remember for days to come by picking up some local, handmade candies beforehand from Olympia Candy. We also recommend trying a Bavarian dessert at Schmankerl Stube or, for something traditionally fun, grab a donut from Krumpe’s Do-Nuts—they’ve learned a thing or two about making delicious donuts over the last 75 years.
5. Plan an entertaining night out
Get creative and schedule something fun. For dinner and a live show, Washington County Playhouse is a popular theatre featuring some of the biggest theatrical hits. If movies are more your thing, our favorite is Leitersburg Cinemas, who provide a comfy experience with leather recliners!
What are you plans for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Hagerstown, Maryland? Let us know in the comment section.