Frown lines and wrinkles—we all earn them in time. If you’re wanting to do something about them, injectables give you an opportunity to try on a youthful, fresh look without committing to surgery.
If you feel nervous about the permanence of surgery, you’re not alone. For many people, surgery is too drastic, expensive, and time-consuming to undertake in the midst of their busy lives. It’s one of the main factors driving people to try injectables before surgery.
Fast Treatment, Quick Results
Facial rejuvenation with injectables allows you to “test drive” a rejuvenated look without the stress of surgery or recovery time. It is a temporary way to see the effects of reducing wrinkles and adding volume—and here’s the added bonus: it will help you understand which aspects of facial aging can be treated non-surgically and help you decide whether or not a more permanent surgical solution is the right choice for you.
Unlike surgery, there is also immediate gratification with dermal fillers like JUVÉDERM®—a gel that temporarily corrects moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds—because the procedure takes only minutes and you will see results right away. Although the results from BOTOX® take a few days to develop, this famous wrinkle relaxer is the most popular cosmetic treatment in the country for a reason: it is a great way to visualize how you might look with smoother, younger-looking features.
Many Options for Injectable Treatments
There so many options when it comes to injectable products that it’s important to have an experienced plastic surgeon help you find the best treatment options for your cosmetic goals. For the safest, most successful treatment, you should choose a skilled injector for your treatment; as a board certified plastic surgeon, I personally perform all the injections at my practice.
Here’s a quick list of injectables we offer:
- BELOTERO®: A dermal filler that softens lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth for smooth and natural results.
- BOTOX®: A wrinkle relaxer that softens mild-to-moderate frown lines and creases by temporarily paralyzing the muscles that cause them.
- DYSPORT®: A fast-acting treatment that relaxes the facial muscles surrounding the forehead, smoothing away frown lines.
- JUVÉDERM®: A popular dermal filler that adds volume to facial tissues to correct moderate-to-severe wrinkles, with results lasting up to 6 months.
- RADIESSE®: Another popular dermal filler that smooths those wrinkles that develop in the lower face, especially around the mouth.
- RESTYLANE®: A versatile dermal filler that offers long-lasting results; great for lip plumping, too.
- VOLUMA®: A dermal filler that adds volume to the cheeks, with results lasting as long as two years in some cases.
- XEOMIN®: Smooths wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause them, replacing a tired, worried look with a relaxed, younger-looking appearance.
The quick results make injectables a popular nonsurgical option that allow you to try out a new, refreshed look. A regimen of injectable treatments can make you look younger for much longer, postponing the need for a permanent solution until later in your life. You may even find that these treatments feel more like a luxury than a medical procedure, so you can pamper yourself and enjoy the quick improvement you see. You’ll walk out the door minutes after your treatment feeling (and looking) wonderful! Come in for a consult so you can learn more about how these small, non-permanent changes can make a difference in your overall appearance.